The growth of interactive product demos in recent years has revolutionized the way businesses showcase their offerings. Along with conventional product demos, many businesses are now adopting interactive product demos as a sales and marketing tool.
In this blog post, we'll share over 50 product demo statistics and facts (including interactive product demo statistics) that product marketers, sales leaders, and growth leaders must know to maximize the impact of their product demos.
Essential Product Demo Statistics and Facts
B2B Customer Shopping Experience
- 90% of global B2B buyers expect a similar experience buying on a B2B website as they do on a B2C website (Source: Gorilla Group B2B Future Shopper Report).
Growth Comparison between Product-Led and Other SaaS Companies
- Product-led growth (PLG) leaders grow 50% year-over-year, far faster than traditional SaaS companies (21%) (Source: OpenView 2022 SaaS Benchmarks Report).
Evaluation of B2B SaaS websites and Usage Preferences
- Among 5,000 B2B SaaS websites evaluated, 4.8% had a "Product Tour" CTA (Source: State of Product Demo 2022).
- When purchasing software, 40% of buyers say that product demonstrations are most helpful in making their decision. (Source: Gartner)
- On average, customers create 9 interactive demos in their workspace, with enterprise companies creating 2.6 times the number of demos as SMB companies (Source: State of Interactive Product Demo 2023).
- 37% of SaaS companies with interactive demos have 1-50 employees, followed by 20% having 200-500 employees (Source: State of Interactive Product Demo 2023).
- More than 60% of buyers agree that vendor sales aren't involved in the research phase (Source: Gartner, 2022).
- The average completion rate for top-performing interactive demos is 35%, with the highest percentage of 40-50% (Source: Interactive Product Demo Report).
- Interactive demos with a shorter first section have higher completion rates (Source: Interactive Product Demo Report).
- Demos with a checklist have an average 17% higher completion rate than those without it (Source: Interactive Product Demo Report).
- The most CTA clicks in interactive demos occur at step 7 and step 15 (Source: Interactive Product Demo Report).
Video Marketing Insights
- 92% of marketers say video is an important part of their marketing strategy, up from 78% in 2015 (Source: Wyzowl Video Marketing Statistics).
- 83% of businesses believe that video gives them a good return on investment (ROI) (Source: Oberlo Video Marketing Statistics).
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support (Source: Hubspot Marketing Importance of Product Videos for Ecommerce).
- 85% of businesses now use video as a marketing tool, up from 61% in 2016 (Source: Wyzowl Video Marketing Statistics).
- 94% of marketers agree that videos increase user understanding of a product or service (Source: Social Shepherd Video Marketing Statistics).
- 88% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media (Source: Social Shepherd Video Marketing Statistics).
- Companies that use video in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster than those that don't (Source: Social Shepherd Video Marketing Statistics).
- Video ads gain 36% more engagement than image ads (Source: Dash.app).
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined (Source: SmallBizTrends).
Benefits of Interactive Product Tours and Demos
- Interactive product tours have a task completion rate of 75-85%, thought to be because users feel more in control (Source: UserGuiding).
- 96% of B2B companies plan to use video product demos in their content marketing over the next year (Source: Content Marketing Institute).
- Companies see a 20% increase in sales after implementing interactive content, like interactive demos (Source: Content Marketing Institute).
- 95% of buyers choose a provider with plentiful, relevant content that can be consumed interactively (Source: DemandGen).
- 88% of surveyed consumers said that detailed product descriptions or interactive product demos help them make better purchasing decisions (Source: OneSpace).
- Products with a free trial convert at twice the rate of those without one (Source: Sherice Jacob).
- Nearly 50% of SaaS companies offer a trial or freemium version of their product (Source: OpenView).
- Providing user testimonials within the product demo can increase conversions by as much as 34% (Source: VWO).
Impact of Product Demos and Future Trends
- The average number of authors creating one demo is 1.87, with material management being the industry with the most authors per demo (Source: State of Product Demos 2021).
- Technology is the sector with the longest demos, with an average duration of 5 minutes (Source: State of Product Demos 2021).
- The median length of a product demo video watched is roughly 4 minutes (Source: Wistia).
- 45% of end users prefer short and easy to understand demos (Source: Wistia).
- Mobile apps should ideally offer a party demo for users. 70-90% of users who make it through app walk-throughs become power users (Source: UserOnboarding).
- 81% of business buyers want to see personalization in how product value is demonstrated (Source: Salesforce).
- Use of immersive technologies like AR/VR for product demos has increased by up to 70% during the pandemic (Source: SuperData).
- Watching demos made up of stories rather than feature lists lead to an 81% recall among users (Source: Prezi).
- 70% of executives think that companies will shift investments towards customer education and demos (Source: Twilio).
Interactive product demos play a key role in the sales and marketing strategy of SaaS startups, contributing significantly to lead generation, conversions, and overall business growth.
Therefore, it's crucial for companies to understand these statistics and facts in order to leverage demos effectively and unlock their full potential.
That's where Rivia comes in. With its powerful and intuitive interface, Rivia simplifies the process of creating engaging and interactive product demos. Its robust analytics capabilities provide valuable insights into customer behavior, helping businesses identify what resonates best with their audience.
Rivia not only maximizes the effectiveness of product demos but also eases the burden of creation and management, allowing businesses to focus more on their product and customer-service. In turn, it provides a higher ROI and ultimately catalyzes growth.
Explore how Rivia can help you build your very first interactive demo!
- Content Marketing Institute
- State of Product Demos 2021
- Sherice Jacob
- Guy Kawasaki